Elizabeth Colenso (Elizabeth Fairburn): A Biography, and other accounts
Swabey, Frances Edith
Simcox, Francis Selwyn
See full details
- Elizabeth Colenso (Elizabeth Fairburn): A Biography by her eldest granddaughter Frances Edith Swabey. Includes Elizabeth's childhood at Keri Keri and Waimate; life at Waitangi, Hawke's Bay; estrangement and separation from William Colenso; time at Reverend B. Y. Ashwell's in the Waikato; her visit to England and Europe in 1860-1865; contacts with the party of Maoris taken to England by Mr Jenkins, and the years 1876-1898 between the Melanesian Mission on Norfolk Island and New Zealand. Illustrated with mounted family photographs, detailed hand-coloured maps of Mission locations and Norfolk Island.
- An Account of a Visit by the Turakina to the Crozet Islands, 1907, by F M Simcox
- Newspaper article re Golden Wedding of W H & F M Simcox, July 1920
- Newspaper article re Dedication of the Stained Glass Window in All Saints Church, Otaki, 1930
- W M Simcox: an incident in his Life
- Kapiti Island - A Poem by W M Simcox
- Newspaper obituary for Major Henry Saxon Whitehorn, May 1954
- Newspaper obituary for William Martin Simcox, May 1956
- Extract from Birmingham Daily Gazette, April 1880 re Christ Church, Sparkbrook
- Simcox family trees, and letter of dispute from J W Simcox
Also includes a chapter from a book titled: Stratford House, Camp Hill, Birmingham, by Philip B Chatwin, with architectural plan and photographic reproductions.