About this object
View of Napier from Napier Hill looking south towards Awatoto, possibly taken in the late nineteenth or early twentieth century. Clive Square is visible at the centre of the photograph surrounded by a white picket fence. The Provincial Hotel and the Trinity Methodist Church are visible to the left of Clive Square. St Patrick's Church, built 1894, can be seen behind Clive Square. Munroe Street is lined with trees. Nelson Park is visible in the distance on the right side of the photograph.
Black and white photograph printed on card.
Height x Width: 88 x 138mm
Current rights code
Out of copyright