About this object
View of the Canterbury Provincial Council Buildings, Christchurch, possibly taken in the 1860s. Designed by Benjamin Woolfield Mountfort, the building complex was built in three stages between 1858 and 1865. The photograph has been taken from the intersection of Durham Street and Gloucester Street. The Stone Chamber, built 1864-1865, is located in the right foreground.
From an album titled: A New Zealand Souvenir.
Photographer, John Tensfeld.
Black and white photograph pasted into a leather bound album.
Album: Height x Width x Depth/Length: 230 x 306 x 16mm
Photograph: Height x Width: 120 x 167mm
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 265
Album 1, 265, 83958