About this object
View of the temporary premises occupied by McGlashans Limited following the Hawke's Bay earthquake in 1931. The building is located in Tin Town at Clive Square, Napier. The photograph has been taken from Napier Hill looking towards the Tennyson Street façade of the building. Behind Clive Square, Munroe Street is visible. Among the buildings that can be seen are the Trinity Methodist Church and St Patrick's Church. Cape Kidnappers is visible in the distance.
Photographer, possibly A B Hurst & Son.
Black and white photograph glued onto a piece of card.
Height x Width: 81 x 138mm
Height x Width: 101 x 162mm
H.B. Art Gallery and Museum, Stamp, Stamped
McGlashans Ltd, Stamp, Stamped
McGlashans Ltd; 31 Mar 1972
St Patrick's Catholic Church
Trinity Methodist Church; Jan 1876
Post 03 Feb 1931
Current rights code
Out of copyright
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 4588
gifted by McGlashans Ltd
m72/18, 4588, 83315