About this object
A photographic postcard of buildings at the Pukeora Sanatorium, Waipukurau. The photograph is of a small selection of stepped buildings on Pukeora Hill above Waipukurau. The sanatorium opened in 1918 to assist soldiers with respiratory damage from World War One. It later served as a tuberculosis hospital and as a home for the disabled.
Black and white photographic postcard.
Height x Width: 86 x 138mm
Real Photo Post Card, Frank Duncan & Co., Auckland, N.Z., Printed, Printed
Sanatorium Waipukurau N.Z. Tourist Series 3060, Printed, Printed
Collection of Hawke’s Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 7942
gifted by Pauline Schwabe
7942, m98/22, 81950