Fuell's Bridge Hotel

Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

About this object
A photograph of an unidentified group outside Fuell's Bridge Hotel, Kaitangata. The hotel is situated on a corner site. The sign above the entrance reads: J A Duncan Licensed to sell Spiritous Liquors. The group of men stand at the centre left of the image. The man at the right of the group holds an infant in his arms.

Photographer unknown.
Date unknown.
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Black and white photograph mounted on card.
Height x Width: 106 x 150mm
Height x Width: 200 x 250mm
H.B. Art Gallery & Museum, Stamp, Stamped
Credit Line
gifted by Mrs T Ackisin
Other number(s)
4881, m74/39, 81827


Public comments

This hotel looks to be the second build of the original two level hotel that was built and operated by James Gray. The original suspiciously burnt down, thought by some to be caused by James. The re-built Hotel was noted in James' will of 1895 given to his niece Mary Paterson who became the owner and Hotelkeeper after James died in 1900. Mary was the wife of Frederick Fuell, the town Clerk of Kaitangata.

- J. Maddison posted 5 months ago.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.