Napier Grammar School, Napier

Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

About this object
A photograph of the Napier Grammar School in Napier, taken in 1865.

An annotation on the back of the photograph dated 1945 states the name of the headmaster as William Marshal and the site as the present day Napier Central School. It also states that the building shown in the photograph is now known as Ormond Chapel.

Photographer, unknown.
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Black and white photograph mounted on brown card.
Height x Width: 152 x 213mm
Height x Width: 140 x 87mm
Subject person
Subject period
Subject date
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 824
Credit Line
gifted by C F H Pollock
Other number(s)
51/72, 824, 80933
Accession number


Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.