Sumner, Christchurch

Coxhead, Frank Arnold
Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

About this object
A photograph of Sumner beach looking towards Clifton Spur and Shag Rock. A boy stands at the waters edge with his dog. Visible at the left is Roger's boarding house, originally built around 1858 by George Day.

Photographer, attributed to Frank Coxhead.
Date, circa 1888.
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Black and white photograph mounted in an album.
Height x Width: 131 x 195mm
Height x Width: 214 x 255mm
Subject date
Collection of Hawke’s Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 1189
Credit Line
gifted by Mr McCormack
Other number(s)
48/75, 1189, Album 6, 79822
Accession number


Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.