About this object
View of Clive Square from Milton Road, possibly taken in the late 1870s or early 1880s. In the left foreground is Milton Road. Moloney and Clabby Bakers are located on the corner of Milton Road and Tennyson Street. On the opposite side of Tennyson Street is Clive Square. The Provincial Hotel stands on the corner of Clive Square East and Emerson Street. Further along Clive Square East are the Trinity Methodist Church and W Amner’s Coal and Fire Wood Depot.
Black and white photograph mounted in an album.
Photograph: Height x Width: 103 x 152mm
Album: Height x Width x Depth/Length: 401 x 330 x 55mm
C. D. Cornford 56/28, Stamp, Stamped
same as No. 59 Box 8, Inscription, Handwritten
11, Inscription, Handwritten
Trinity Methodist Church; Jan 1876
Current rights code
Out of copyright
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 1910
from the estate of Mr C D Cornford
56/28, Album 12, 1910, 77560