About this object
View of Napier from Napier Hill looking towards the Inner Harbour, possibly taken in the 1880s. St John’s Anglican Church is visible at the base of Napier Hill. The Bank of New Zealand and the Post Office stand at the intersection of Browning Street and Hastings Street. Among the other buildings that are visible in the photograph is the Trinity Methodist Church in Clive Square. The lagoon is visible in the distance.
Photographer, possibly Burton Brothers.
Burton Brothers; 1868; 1916
Black and white photograph mounted in an album.
Photograph: Height x Width: 140 x 192mm
Album: Height x Width x Depth/Length: 401 x 330 x 55mm
C. D. Cornford 56/28, Stamp, Stamped
10, Inscription, Handwritten
Napier Post Office; 28 Jul 1930
St John's Anglican Cathedral
Trinity Methodist Church; Jan 1876
Current rights code
Out of copyright
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 1908
from the estate of Mr C D Cornford
56/28, Album 12, 1908, 77559