Marine Parade, Napier

Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

About this object
View of Marine Parade looking south from the base of Bluff Hill that is thought to have been taken around 1909. In the right foreground, the Clive Flood Memorial stands on the corner of Marine Parade and Byron Street. Among the buildings that are visible along the right side of Marine Parade are the Hawke’s Bay Club, the Napier Courthouse (designed by William Henry Clayton, completed 1875) and the Borough Council Chambers (built 1874). On the opposite side of the street, Marine Parade is lined with young Norfolk Island Pine trees. Tree guards enclose each of the trees. The Municipal Baths (opened 1909) and the beach are visible on the left side of the image. Cape Kidnappers is visible in the distance.

Photographer, unknown.
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Black and white photograph.
Measurements
Height x Width: 143 x 198mm
Signature/Inscription
Box 8A, Inscription, Handwritten
H.B. Art Gallery and Museum, Stamp, Stamp
Subject date
1909-1917
Caption
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 3734
Credit Line
gifted by Miss Sheila Williams
Other number(s)
m67/36, 3734, 76724

Share

Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.