Marine Parade, Napier

Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

About this object
View of Marine Parade from Bluff Hill looking towards Awatoto thought to have been taken around 1895. Among the buildings that are visible along Marine Parade are the Hawke's Bay Club, the Napier Courthouse (designed by William Henry Clayton, completed 1875) and the Borough Council Chambers (built 1874). On the opposite side of the street, Marine Parade is lined with young Norfolk Island Pines. Tree guards enclose each of the trees. Horse drawn vehicles make their way along the street. The sea wall and the beach are visible on the left side of the image. Cape Kidnappers is visible in the distance.

Photographer, unknown.
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Black and white photograph mounted on card.
Measurements
Height x Width: 121 x 226mm
Signature/Inscription
1895, Inscription, Handwritten
y85/6/1, Old Collection Information, Handwritten
Subject period
Subject date
1895?
Caption
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 64
Other number(s)
64, 76715

Share

Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.