About this object
Panoramic view of Clive Square looking towards the intersection of Dickens Street and Clive Square East thought to have been taken around 1934. The pathways are lined with limestone blocks. The gardens are planted with trees, including several young palm trees, shrubs and flowers. The goldfish pond (built 1934) is located at the centre of the immediate foreground. Behind Clive Square is St Patrick’s Church (built 1894), designed by Robert Lamb. The Trinity Methodist Church (built 1876) is visible on the extreme left.
Photographer, Robert Goodger.
Robert William Goodger; 20 Feb 1865; 12 Feb 1957
Panoramic black and white photograph.
Height x Width: 89 x 301mm
2/4, Inscription, Handwritten
y94/10-6a, Old Collection Information, Handwritten
Trinity Methodist Church; Jan 1876
St Patrick's Catholic Church
Current rights code
Out of copyright
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 8701
gifted by Lois Goodger
m93/19, 8701, 76507