About this object
Panoramic view of Clive Square looking towards the intersection of Dickens Street and Munroe Street thought to have been taken around 1934. The pathways are lined with limestone blocks. The gardens are planted with trees, including several young palm trees, shrubs and flowers. The goldfish pond (built 1934) is located at the centre of the image. Behind Clive Square is St Patrick’s Church (built 1894), designed by Robert Lamb. Buildings along Clive Square East are visible on the extreme left of the image, including the Trinity Methodist Church (built 1876). Clive Square West is located on the extreme right of the image.
Photographer, Robert Goodger.
Robert William Goodger; 20 Feb 1865; 12 Feb 1957
Panoramic black and white photograph.
Height x Width: 88 x 301mm
2/5, Inscription, Handwritten
y94/10-6D, Old Collection Information
St Patrick's Catholic Church
Trinity Methodist Church; Jan 1876
Current rights code
Out of copyright
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 8700
gifted by Lois Goodger
m93/19, 8700, 76475