Parish Church of Saint John the Evangelist, Napier

Production date
Circa 1863
Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

About this object
View of the first St John's Church on Browning Street, built in 1862, with Napier Hill behind it taken around 1863. The vicarage is located to the left of the church. A man and woman pose on the path leading down from the church.

Photographer, unknown.
Production date
Circa 1863
Production period
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Black and white photograph mounted on card.
Photograph: Height x Width: 103 x 151mm
Card backing: Height x Width: 171 x 228mm
St Johns, Inscription
Church of England, Napier, N.Z. 1864-, Inscription
H.B. Art Gallery and Museum, Stamp
Shows vicarage on the left, Inscription
138, Inscription
1862, Inscription
N.J., Inscription
Subject period
Subject date
Circa 1863
Collection of Hawke's Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 98
Credit Line
gifted by Mrs Canny
Other number(s)
m56/43, 98, 1836, 75393


Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.