About this object
A slightly elevated view of Port Ahuriri, looking out to Westshore circa 1885. The Ossian Street causeway can be seen crossing the swamp. On the left at the end of the causeway is Port Ahuriri school and on the right is St Andrews Anglican Church.
Joseph Edward Cobb; 1840; 17 Mar 1911
Black and white photograph glued onto cardboard backing.
Height x Width: 153 x 105mm
Height x Width: 166 x 107mm
J.E. Cobb, Photographer and Picture Frame Maker., Stamp, Stamp
This photograph must be acknowledged to the HAWKE’S BAY ART GALLERY & MUSEUM (Inc.), NAPIER. Reference No. 1998(a), Stamp, Stamp
Spit. 188-, Inscription, Handwritten
Box 10 A, Inscription, Handwritten
Collection of Hawke’s Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, 1998 a
gifted by Miss Pat Nelson
m79/49, 1998 a, 75268