Plan, Waipukurau township sections

Maker
Herald Lithography
Production date
15 Jan 1900
Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

Brief Description
Plan of Waipukurau township sections.
Land sale consisting of 90 acres, freehold.

The land is to be sold by public auction on Monday 15 January, 1900. Baker & Tabuteau - auctioneers have been instructed on behalf of the late Henry Russell to sell, which consist of 65 quarter acre business sites.
Land lots with area sizes are situated around Northumberland Street, Ruataniwha Road, Herbert Street and the Napier Road. The church of England parsonage is situated on lot 226A, bordering the public road and the main Porangahau - Wellington road. The Presbyterian manse is located on lot 27, bordering the the road from Porangahau to Wellington.

The Masonic Lodge is situated on the Church Alley corner, and the Tavistock Hotel adjoins the Mt Herbert Estate and Napier Road. The Patangata County Council, W Hill and J Merry have adjoining lots on the Porangahau - Wellington road, near Tavistock Place. P Barrie has a land lot next to the Church of England. Attached is a newspaper clipping showing purchasers of land:
P Gow bought 14 land lots ranging from £20 to £70.
Production date
15 Jan 1900
Production period
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Printed on paper. Ink.
Measurements
Height x Width: 570 x 870mm
Subject period
Subject date
15 Jan 1900
Caption
Collection of Hawke’s Bay Museums Trust, Ruawharo Tā-ū-rangi, m74/37/1/209
Credit line
gifted by the Hawke's Bay Farmers'
Co-Operative Association
Other number(s)
m74/37/1/209, 74706

Share

Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.