Map, Borough of Napier

Humphries, Thomas
Department of Lands & Survey
Production date
Current rights
Public Domain
See full details

Object detail

Brief Description
The cadastral map of the Borough of Napier shows land lots, area sizes, streets, reserves around the Inner Harbour and the Western Spit. The Port Ahuriri lagoon adjoins Battery Road, Raglan Street and Bridge Street.

The Troopers Memorial to men who fought in the Boer War, erected in 1906, is shown on Marine Parade. The Garrison (drill) hall is located on Coote Road. [In correspondence dated 1910, chief surveyor C R Pollen confirms that this map shows the drill hall building in the wrong place].
The Flood Memorial stands on the corner of Marine Parade and Byron Street near the police station. The North British & Hawke's Bay Freezing Works are next to the channel entering the Inner Harbour.
Production date
Production period
Production technique
Media/Materials description
Printed on paper and backed with linen.
Height x Width: 835 x 1215mm
Subject period
Subject date
Circa 1908
Credit line
gifted by R Northe
Other number(s)
5380 (a), m61/28 (a), 68953


Public comments

Be the first to comment on this object record.

Google reCaptchaThis site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.